Sometimes, all you need is the right inspirational quote to give you a little pick-me-up when you’re feeling down. Here are a few of our favorites that we’ve shared over the years.
10. “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”
Luck isn’t something acquired from four leaf clovers or rabbit feet; luck is a state of mind. You need to create your own luck, through hard work, perseverence and a positive attitude – people with these attributes are “the lucky ones”.
9. “Nothing is less productive than doing what should not be done at all.”
Being productive isn’t about having a massive list of things to do and getting them done quickly – it’s about knowing what NEEDS to be done and doing it well.
8. “Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working.”
Inspiration isn’t a spontaneous magical process, it’s the ‘click’ when things finally come together. Nothing can come together if you’re not working on something so go out and find the pieces that will form your inspiration.
Design isn’t how something looks and feels but how something works
7. “A good leader takes a little more than his share of the blame, a little less than his share of the credit.”
Being a leader a position of power, and with power comes responsibility. You have to be accountable for anything that happens under your leadership and you need to share you’re success with the whole team.
6. “You can’t rest on your laurels. Your own body of work is yet to come.”
Just because you’ve had that glimpse of success doesn’t mean it’s time to start thinking about that retirement home in St. Lucia. You’ve jumped the first hurdle, the next hurdle will be harder – you need to keep training.
Always deliver more than expected. Check out our quote prints here.
5. “Try not to become a person of success. Rather, become a person of value.”
Success is a thin veneer and if the quality and conscientiousness needed to prop up that success isn’t there you’re left with a hollow shell. Don’t be a hollow shell.
4. “A man’s gotta make at least one bet a day, else he could be walking around lucky and never know it.”
Don’t be afraid to take risks, innovation and invention all require you to think outside the box and beyond the parameters of what’s ‘normal’ and ‘already there’. Believe me Henry Ford wasn’t taking the ‘safe bet’ when he invented the car.
There is one rule – there is no rules
3. “Here is something false: You only live once.”
So you failed? So what? Pick yourself up and try again. The world is forgiving, you can have second, fourth, eighth and fourteenth chance you just need to keep trying.
The only true mistake is the one from which we learn nothing
2. “A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.”
To learn how to deal with a shitty situation, you need to experience a shitty situation. Don’t be afraid of what you perceive as ‘criticism’ or ‘failure’; what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
1. “Those who do not give a fuck change the world. The rest do not.”
If you’re constantly looking over your shoulder, judging yourself on what others think or trying to impress people for the sake of impressing them you’re never going to succeed. You need to be true to yourself, innovate where others have overlooked and say what’s never been said. Leave the flock and stand out.
We can’t be afraid to be weird